Just wanted to show a bit of the fun the family has been having. We joined the YMCA here near us. It's right across the street from where John works (EDS, now) and we like to go over and meet him there. He gets off at 3pm, so it's generally not very busy there yet. David and Zach took a cardio training class and are now allowed to use the cardio equipment in the work out areas. John, David and myself have taken a belay class and are getting certified to belay for the rock climbing wall that is also there. Of all this, the boys still favorite thing to do is...SWIM! They love the slide most of all.
Of course this means Mom also has to get into a bthing suit and join them. Not that I don't need the exercise, but the swimsuit I'm not too thrilled over...
Here's David!
And Zach!
Alex was the only one to do the diving board!
At home, we have been having fun with Midnight, our pet rabbit. He is a good lop-earred bunny and rarely poos on our floor and NEVER on a person. We let him run around on the floor while we play and pet him. The evening in the photos was 3 nights ago. The boys made a gymnasium "house" for him to play in and on. Mostly, he just liked it on the floor!
Here is one of the builders on ground level.
And here is the king of the hill...
And then us playing...
David and Midnight, and Midnight and Midnight....
Other than these things, we have been active with church stuff. We took over leading our small group when our leader needed a break. Also, we are active in the children's ministry on Wednesday nights, greeting occasionally, working in the food pantry as team leaders and generally enjoying our new church. John is working closely with the men's ministry leader to help there (without leading anything himself!), and I am taking David to a Painting Extravaganza on Saturday morning. The church has a fine arts ministry, and this Saturday they are instructing different painting venues and we will get to paint using 2 of them!
John's knee has been bugging him a lot lately. He has an appointment with an orthopedic doctor on Wednesday at 2pm. Keep him in your prayers, as we really don't want surgery to be necessary. Right now, it looks probable.
Hope all is well with you!
TTYL,
Steph
2 comments:
What's up John! I figured I'd check in to see how your quest has been going. Lots has happened! I also wanted to take this chance to let you know I'm leaving Ecendant. I got a new position in Herndon that allows for more growth and is management! My last day is April 6th. So if you ever get back this way, check in...I'll be around.
looks like you guys are staying the fun and enlightened family that we know and love. wish you weren't so far away.
things are great here. check out my myspace at www.myspace.com/kateegg
love you, kate
Post a Comment