Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

{If you are just getting your Christmas Card and are looking for the Christmas Message and 2010 wrap-up, scroll down below this post!}


Ah, Christmas morning. The gray skies could do nothing to diminish the child-like excitement of a 13 year old boy as he came in to wake up his father and I, jumping on our bed (as his wonderful Uncle Trae taught him this summer), and hollering in a sing-song voice, "It's Christmas! It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" (Thanks, Trae.)

Personally, I wouldn't have minded sleeping a bit longer since I stayed up making Zach's pajama pants the night before, but that was simply not in the cards for me. And while I like to complain a little here, I am in no way upset about it because I know it won't be many more years that I will have my kids at home to come wake me up with fun-filled glee on such a day of celebration as this.

And so with little more ado, let me show you the great hour spent opening gifts this Christmas and a little of the day around it. Everyone got their own personalized gifts this year instead the large family-style gifts we often prefer - and perhaps that's why Alex was so much more excited to wake up this year!

On Christmas Eve, before traveling to friends for dinner, we let the kids open up a gift. David already opened his big gift on the previous Tuesday because he received a new, fully reversible coat that was perfect for the bonfire we went to on Winter Solstice. (Fur is the new "in" thing. You'll notice - Zach got one too 'cause I found it Christmas Eve while shopping!) So the pic of David wearing his new coat is included from that Tuesday, along with the other two opening their gifts Christmas Evening.

WARNING: Christmas morning, we all know none of us look alive let alone well groomed, so bear with our bed-heads and pajamas. The following may not be safe for the unprepared! Here's a slide show of our day - sans all of the eating. (*FYI - the slide show views are in random order. If you want to see things progress in order, you'll have to visit the photobucket link to the album.)
After the gifts were opened and food was had, we played with a couple of my new gifts! Dance Dance Revolution for the Xbox 360 and the 2 hula hoops that John made me. (Can we all say Yay! for getting off the couch?!) What a great and generous husband - for real! The boys all played their news games as well, but I failed to get pics of that. (Bad Momma!) Anyway, I hope you all had as much fun as we did! (A day late) Merry Christmas to all and much love and kisses!

No comments: