The story of a crazy family that bucked conventional wisdom to create a life without regrets.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Life is never boring in the Hergenrather home! With Alex just turning sixteen, Halloween just around the corner and then the holidays, we have many things on the agenda. Parties, gatherings, friends, family. November and December are shaping up to be busy as usual. I was able to get some photos of Alex two weeks ago, but the weather hasn't been good enough to get Zach's yet. You might have noticed that some of the old images on the blog went missing. That was because Photobucket, the web hosting service I use for this blog, was claiming that my account was getting too much traffic in a month and wanted to charge me a fee. I decided not to do that. I am all for free stuff, but we aren't made of money for frivolous purchases coming out monthly. So I deleted some of the pics to spare some traffic. I tried to keep the more recent. Hopefully no one feels shorted!
I plan to update soon with pics of the boys. David will only take pictures with the family now, maybe his brothers if I twist his arm. Can't believe he is turning twenty soon. He is enjoying working at the library and is putting in for another job there, a part-time librarian position. It's better than his current job, though he has gotten a raise and gets all holidays the library is close paid, whether he works or not. He's happy. Wish he'd get a car and his license with winter coming up, but I can't push him or he thinks I'm nagging. haha. Not my style to nag but I worry he will not be able to ride his bike all winter and my truck doesn't have brakes. So he could lose that job he loves so much, but hey - I can't nag him! :P
Zach is doing better in school this year. He's not had a lot of zeros on his homework and he's passing all of his classes. We find this a relief! He has decided he wants to become a cop, and realizes a college education is required. So he is trying more, which is great. Alex is getting good grades and is happy to be in Newspaper this year. He's also taking classes to prepare him for Engineering classes that he will take his junior and senior years at an off-site school, half days. When he graduates he will be hitting the ground running.
I just wanted to hop in cause I was thinking about the blog. I know, I broke my pattern of only posting once a year, but hey! Why not? Sometimes it's good to just say hi. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment