So this is Friday and I haven't posted in a while. Tuesday thru today I have spent my days working on the RV. I replaced the water pump (that controls the internal faucets and stuff), rebuilt and insulated the doghouse, replaced the generators muffler and replaced the rotting wood that the extendable step attached to. Little stuff, but stuff that matters to us. I'd much rather do it here with the support and help of my father-in-law than somewhere out on the road!! At least we can cross those things off the list of potential problems to encounter in the forseeable future. That and these items make it a nicer place to live in! the cabin is cooler and quieter now that the doghouse is fixed good. The step doesn't have a mushy feeling to it - it feels quite solid (it should there's enough glue and screws in it!!) And it's nice to be able to flush the toilet!
Wednesday evening I went out with James again. We hit a comic book shop looking for the Serenity comic that is supposed to bridge the gap between the tv series Firefly and the upcoming movie Serenity. I got the last copy of book #2 out of 3. So I'm hunting for a copy of book 1. We had Chipotle for dinner and then went to the theater and saw the Island. It was a decent summer popcorn flick - didn't break any new ground really - but it didn't suck either! We then went back to his place and finished watching An Evening with Kevin Smith. I got home at quarter til 1 and got quite an earful about the late hour.
Thursday we joined my mom, Heather (my sister) and her best friend's son Cody at the Kettering Rec Center for some swimming. They had a few water slides and Alex did both the low and high diving boards (he'd previously never even been on 1 diving board). Sorry - I have no pics of the event - I was enjoying the cool water!
Today - Friday - I wrestled all day with the auto step - more specifically the wood that it bolts to. We ended up not getting together with Mark and Kate tonite (sorry guys!) but we did reschedule for next Friday. Instead we drove over to Vandalia to get gas (67 gallons - $160.00 - ouch!) and then went to Frickers for dinner. I love that place!!
I'm wiped out tired now - but thought that I'd update you all. I leave Sunday for Fredericksburg for a few days and Steph will stay here with the boys. I'll be back next Thursday. Maybe I'll even do another post from there??!!
Talk to you later!!
John
No comments:
Post a Comment