Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Family Time

So it's now Tuesday evening and I need to catch you up on life! Sunday David and I went over to my mother's house early to do some hair bleaching. David decided that he wanted a surfer 'do. Our plan was just to do the tips in blonde, but he hated his hair being pulled through the rubber cap. So he decided to get it all done. Right now it's a golden color - it will need to be done one more time to make it as pale as he desires. It's harmless fun, and I supported him by streaking mine. I'll add some pictures later. Steph and the rest of the family arrived shortly after 5pm for Zach's party. David had a blast giving tours of the RV and showing off our new home. Zach had a great party - got some cool stuff and socked away some cash!! We stayed late even after most people had left.

Yesterday we went out to get some vinyl flooring for the bathroom in the RV. We decided that the carpet in there had to go away! We purchased some and then 10 minutes later got a phone call that my uncle Jack had some leftover pieces for us for free. We turned around and returned the piece that we had bought!! We enjoyed a relaxing evening around the house.

Today I had a goal to get a substantial amount of work done. My father-in-law and I went out to get replacement oil and air filters for the generator as well as a few other supplies we needed to do some repairs. We got everything except for the air filter without problems. That one took some hunting! So the generator has had it's oil changed, the air filter and spark plug changed. Bob cut some thick metal pieces to use as a sandwich to hold the drivers side door handle in place (it came off in my hands at my dad's place)! It is now drilled through the outer skin and bolted on the inside - It works very well!! I coated the bottom outside of the black water tank to hopefully fix a small leak. I will need to coat it several more times to ensure proper sealing. It's a lot cheaper than replacing the tank!!

We just finished dinner - burgers, fries and pineapple - and I plan on relaxing in a cool RV this evening and get caught up on Rescue Me episodes. The kids are enjoying their time with Grandparents and uncle Dan! Sorry it seems a little dry - but there's not a lot of exciting stuff going on at the moment. It's just good to have time with family!

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i called your number today and it said it wasn't in service. i don't have another one for you. call us so we can get together soon!!
kate