I apologize for not updating this sooner. I promise that once we are on the road we will update this a lot more regularly.
Today is Memorial Day and we are in Ohio at Stephanie's parents house. We came for the weekend to get the kids and fix computers for family. My parents needed some networking and print issues resolved and I took care of that yesterday in exchange for some homemade lasagna! It's the first time I've had the family recipe lasagna in about 15 years and it was fantastic!! Mom froze the leftovers and we'll take it back to Virginia to have Tuesday or Wednesday.
As I said in the last post, the sale of our house is going forward. One week from today we will officially be homeless. Over the last week, Steph and I were able to get the vast majority of the house emptied out. All of the furniture from upstairs is in storage - we only left 3 mattresses on the floor for the boys to sleep on this week. Downstairs we have a bit more to take care of - Our bed, a refrigerator, 2 filing cabinets and my computer desk. Most of the rest of it is already in storage. It's amazing how much "stuff" we accumulated over the last several years! We've been weeding through it and making stuff go away - but there's still a lot more.
So the plan right now is to return to Virginia Tuesday night. I have a client system install on Wednesday. Thursday we're getting together with friends in Richmond. Friday is a packing day, as is Saturday. Sunday we'll take the mattresses to storage and get a hotel room for the next several nights. Monday we have closing at 11am and hopefully all goes smoothly from there! Tuesday or Wednesday we'll get our Jeep and we hope to be on the road heading south by Friday. It's scary and exhilirating all at the same time.
Everybody keeps asking us where we're moving to. We honestly don't know. That's kind of the point of the trip - to find out! I'm personally hoping to stumble across a city that wasn't formerly on our short list and fall in love with it and just KNOW that it's where we're supposed to be. We do have a short list - It contains Jacksonville, Huntsville, Colorado Springs, Boise, Helena and Lexington. They all look good on paper - but we've never been to any of them so ...
Anyway - we just wanted to update you on our situation and let you know what's going on. I'll have more to add shortly!
John
1 comment:
What's up John. Happy Memorial Day...finally some nice weather around here! Your almost out of VA man...keep it going. We're all about the same here at DA..with the addition of another intern. This place is getting intern crazy!
Post a Comment