Monday, May 09, 2005

Delays

Stink!! It seems that our timing isn't going to work out quite like we had planned. The sale of our home on June 1st was contingent on our buyers selling their home. About a month ago - within the 10 days specified by our contract, our buyers found a buyer for their home. The kicker is that today I was informed that their buyers were denied financing based upon the fact that they didn't have a green card. I never thought that the idea of illegal aliens would ever have anything to do with me - i was wrong. Now they don't have their place sold and therefore don't have the money to buy our place! Apparently we have absolutely no recourse on this whatsoever!! Grrr!!

Our realtor is working hard with their realtor to get their place resold - and quickly! Settlement is supposed to be in 3 weeks. It looks like we have 2 choices - to put our home back on the market - or wait until our current buyers have the money. It has been suggested to me that waiting for our current buyers involves more known quantities than relisting. I was able to extend my employment for an additional week (my replacement isn't scheduled to start until the 22nd) so that helps a bit. And my friend Sean has said that I could subcontract under him again as he has work available. So we won't starve!

It is frustrating however to be placed in this predicament. I have given notice at work. Our plans were based upon having money from the sale of our home on June 2nd - and not making a June mortgage payment. I know we'll be ok. God has a plan. The fact that I am not God means I have to trust that it will all come together. OK - I can do this. God hasn't let us down yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, We're so proud of you. We're a little bit jealous too!
It's great to know that we can keep up with the adventure of the mzfits.
We'll be praying that all goes quickly and well with the sale of your house.
You are loved so much.
halfdozeneggs