Wow - I didn't realize that it had been 4 whole days. Time flies .... So we got the RV into the Ford dealer in Orlando Monday morning and we went out to Denny's to help kill time. They found the problem - and a few others. The brake light issue was a broken relay switch in the steering column (expensive little thing!) While they had it in, they did an inspection (imagine that!) and found that the serpentine belt was dried and cracked - as well as the suspension had some non=existant bushings that needed replaced.I gave the go ahead to repair these items - and then found out that it would be 24 hours until parts were available. To top that off, we couldn't have our RV back because the steering column was completely torn apart.
So, we hopped in the Jeep and drove to Cocoa Beach for the night. I took the boys to Ron Jon Surf Shop and bought them inexpensive body boards to play in the surf with. We had a good time playing in the ocean and then the pool. We slept well and played in the pool again on Tuesday before leaving back to Orlando. We picked up the RV and headed to Camping World in Kissimmee. They were prepping to close up shop for the night, but assured me that they would fit me in and make everything ok in the morning. We returned to the KOA that we had previously stayed at and set up shop for the night.
So today we dropped the RV off and went off to kill time. We had Wendy's for lunch and then went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory over on the Disney campus. I must say - this was the nicest theater I had EVER been in. 2 balconies with stadium seating throughout - excellent picture and sound quality! Those of you that know me - know that I really get into that stuff. The movie was excellent - not as good as Finding Neverland(my all-time favorite) but a very well done flick. Tim Burton may be a bit off his rocker with somethings - but he is brilliant in his filmmaking.
We returned to find out that they couldn't fix the leveling system, and as they went to demo the tow and brake system to me , we discovered that it doesn't work. So here we are again, parked out back of the shop (for free) so they can get an early start again tomorrow. They're not charging me for anything they did on Wednesday - and Tony (the service manager) plugged us in to a 50 amp circuit for free. I'm fairly confident that we'll be on the road tomorrow at some point in time.
Well everybody else is sleeping (including Steph who is feeling sick right now) and I'm tired too, so this is it for now. I promise to get some pics up with the next post!!
John
No comments:
Post a Comment