Saturday, July 09, 2005

Dennis the Menace??

Dennis is passing us by. Fortunately it is off the coast a ways and not going to cause us problems like initially expected. Me - well I'm crazy and love storms. More on that later.

So today - we went to replace the boys bikes that were stolen. We visited several bike stores that were pretty cool, but no one had exactly what we were looking for. So, we pushed on over to Tampa and found an awesome bike shop - Dud Thames Bicycles on MacDill. They took great care of us and had exactly what we were looking for. David got a Cannondale F300 in gray and black, and Zach got a Gary Fisher Tassajara in red and black. Both of them are ecstatic about their new bikes and can't wait for the weather to break so they can get out there and ride!

After getting the bikes, we pressed on over to Clearwater. We stopped and had dinner and then moved on over to the beach. It wasn't as crowded as a nice day, but there were still a fair amount of people there.

We enjoyed playing in the largest waves that I've EVER seen on the Gulf of Mexico! The surfers were out and some waves were in the 5 to 6 foot range.

They all continued playing - and Alex got to go through the "washing machine"

Steph stayed dry and took pictures - but had fun nonetheless - she doesn't like playing in the water other than pools! She got her hair done yesterday and it's very pretty - but you can't tell from this pic.

Afterwards we rinsed off and changed back into dry clothes for the ride back to Pappy's.

On the drive back across 275, as we crossed Tampa Bay the wind and the waves were crashing over the highway. It was incredible to see. Yes I'm crazy, I know it!

**At no point in time did I endanger the children. This is for the grandparents reading!**

It was not an ordinary day - it was another wonderful day of the rest of our life. Thanks for reading!!

John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to send comments when I can. Do I think your a little off your rocker, well sometimes. I just want you to enjoy and be safe! You see I have a stake in your lives. I'm MOM and Grandma. The pictures are GREAT!
Love and blessings,
Mom/Grandma Wigger

Anonymous said...

I try to send comments when I can. Do I think your a little off your rocker, well sometimes. I just want you to enjoy and be safe! You see I have a stake in your lives. I'm MOM and Grandma. The pictures are GREAT!
Love and blessings,
Mom/Grandma