Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time for Another

Another new post. What do I have to say? Well the RV is across the street for my perusal. There is a mobile mechanic coming tomorrow to check it out and give his ok. One of the ACs is running and is cooling it down quite well. I'm learning a lot about it. The generator cut off after about 10 minutes today and I couldn't figure out why. It turns out that the generator will not operate at under 3/8 of a tank of gas - ensuring that there is enough gas to make it to the next gas station. Once we added more gas, the generator fired up with no problems. Let me also take this moment to say that it's nice!! I'm soooo happy with it and the deal that we are getting on it.





Earlier in the day we went to visit uncle Billy in Tampa. Zach was dying to ask him about his semi truck - so he took us over to visit it. Zach got to ask most of his questions before going back to Billys house and meeting his pets. He has a miniature horse - not much larger than a full grown great dane for example - and his dogs. He and his wife Charlene have a soft spot for dogs and have adopted several in need of a good home and some love. After spending some time with them, we left and proceeded to Camping World in Tampa to ask some RV questions and look at their stock. We know we have to replace the awning and it was nice to find out that it would be half of what we expected to spend - and they could do it same day!!

My other sister Joy arrived tonite. She came in from the panhandle to visit with us. Shortly after finishing up with the RV I took the jetski out for a spin. I had Alex with me and he had a good time until busting his lip open on a bouncing wave!! Then Zach joined me and he enjoyed for a bit but got a little anxious as I was jumping the wake from the boat (which had the rest of the family on it)!!

I ended up riding with Joy (shes's a daredevil on that thing) and she threw me off it twice - but I had the biggest grin the entire time!! Once I figured out how she was tossing me off the jetski I was able to hang on and anticipate a bit better. We had a great time until we ran out of gas!!

Yesterday we took a short bike ride to the shake shop in town to get some ice cream. It was tooo hot to go any further but we did cross the street to the public park so the boys could play a little. All in all we're having a great time visiting with family. I'm learning about habits of mine that are hard-wired into my DNA - ask me later about it!!!

Anyway that's all for now!

John

No comments: