Bad news first- We're stuck in Florida until Tuesday at least. The Mechanics at Camping World diagnosed our brake lights issue as a short in the electrical system of the steering wheel. We have to get it to a Ford dealership Monday morning at 7am (yes, we actually made an appointment for that early in the morning). The dealership will hopefully be able to fix the issue same day. If parts are required, it could take longer. Once they have it fixed, Camping World can then finish the electrical on the tow system. Thus, here we are stuck in the hot, sunny tourist capital of the world.
The good news of this is that our friends in Alabama should be home and more available to visit. Zach will still get to have a birthday party in Ohio-- it will just be delayed a week. But, he'll likely also get to spend his actual birthday with some old friends. Mary and kids should also be more settled in Kentucky, so that'll be fun too.
I suppose if ya gotta be stuck somewhere, it could be some place with less to do! I am sure we will find adequate things to keep us occupied... but right now I must say I am simply enjoying some down time! We'll keep you posted as the saga continues.
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment