We went and saw the RV yesterday before dinner. We're very pleased. I'll be making an appointment at Campers World in Orlando to get it checked out and get an estimate on the few items that need taken care of. It needs a hydraulic line fixed on the auto leveling system and the awning needs replaced - and I'll put new tires on it just for peace of mind - but beyond that it's in great shape. The interior layout is quite nice - with comfortable seating for 7 plus driver. Now being only 34 foot long I think that 8 would be crowded for any kind of regular basis!! But it's something that can be done for short periods of time. I'll post some other pics of it once it has been checked out and repaired.
Robby has a 22 foot travel trailer that he set up in the driveway. The boys are camping out in it. It has 4 bunks, AC and a bathroom. They think it's quite the adventure to camp elsewhere from mom and dad. They got up a few minutes ago. Said they slept well and it was quite comfortable. They seem to be having a real good time. They're eager to get out on the lake today in the boat and on the jet ski! We'll see - maybe I'll post more pics of them later in the day.
Michelle (my sister) stopped by last night with her family. They only live about 20 minutes away from here and were nearby seeing a concert at Cypress Gardens. Logan - her youngest - was crashed hard in the car - he never woke up. Gavin is a little older and he enjoyed playing with the boys and they all spent some time in the hot tub on the screen porch here. I can't imagine being in a hot tub in temps like this, but hey - they're kids so I'll let them be!
It was nice to sit around talking with Michelle and her husband Ryan, Robby and his wife Karen, and my wife. We talked til 12:30 or so when Michelle and family left and we herded the boys off to bed.
Well that's it for now - I'm doing better about getting regular updates going here - so there will be more coming soon!
John
3 comments:
Glad to hear you made it safely. Christopher is off to Goshen and Michael leaves tomorrow. July is going to be a strange month.
Alicia
John, Steph and Boys:
I am so happy for you all (if not a bit jealous...) I have often contemplated just getting back to basics, saddleing up, and hitting the happy highway to take in all this land has to offer. Good luck and God's Speed! Keith
Hey Guys, Greetings from Thailand. Great to hear about your adventures, we are having some of our own! If you feel like including a plane trip in your itinerary, we have rice fields, water buffalo and lots of adventure to offer. Who would have thought that our homeschool coffee moms would end up in all the crazy places we are! Write when you can! Amy B and family! (mbfamily5@pobox.com)
Post a Comment