We're flexible in our schedule. We have to be! Yesterday morning I got up at 8 and ran to the tag office to get tags for the RV. $170 dollars and 15 minutes later I left, tag in hand! I talked to Campers World and they told me they were accepting NO walk-ins currently as they were very backed up. I had heard that they do that often, so I pushed and got an appointment for Friday to get the awning and tow package installed. So now we'll go to Kissimmee for the night Thursday and Friday to make it easy to get the work done. This puts us on track to head towards Alabama on Saturday.
We dallied around and didn't get out the door towards the beach till noon. We got stuck in traffic (UGHHH!) on I-4 heading towards Kissimmee and stopped to eat some lunch (Chik-Fil-A). Launch was scheduled for 3:51 PM and around 2:50 as we were going through a toll booth there was a sign alerting us to the fact that the launch was cancelled. So we turned around and headed into Orlando looking for a bank branch to take care of some business. We stopped and put the top down on the Jeep (the boys REALLY didn't want it down any earlier - as it was HOT!) only to put it back up about 20 minutes later as a storm approached. And wow - did it storm!! Some of the heaviest torrential downpours I think I've ever been in!! Driving in it was no fun, so we stopped at a mall to walk around and kill time till the rain was done.
Nice mall!! Festival Bay in Orlando was half empty(store-wise) but the half that was full was nice. A Bass Pro Shop, Ron-Jon Surf Shop (where I wanted to buy a surfboard but it would have been extremely unpractical!), a Vans Skatepark, and a bunch of other cool stores. I bought David and Zach some new sunglasses (2 for $14), and we got a few small items at Ron Jon. Steph got a sarong at Hilo Hawaii to wear to the pool/beach. Believe it or not, I didn't get anything for me. There was a shirt that I really liked, but it was on clearance for $60 and that's just too much for me to spend - even for a silk Tommy Bahama shirt!
We ran into more traffic on the way home last night (I-4 is just a mess!!). We passed Disney as the 9pm fireworks were going off and then traffic just stopped shortly after that. It took us an hour and a half to go the next 15 miles. I thought I left that kind of traffic behind when we left the DC region!! Apparently it's going to be an issue wherever we go - just maybe not quite this bad!
We did some more cleanup and organization in the RV last night - It's really coming together! Almost everything has it's place. We slept well. I think we're adapting to the new surroundings! Zach refuses to sleep next to Alex (Alex is an "active" sleeper!) so they take turns sleeping on the couch and the floor. It seems to be working out. They're learning their roles in cleaning up the beds in the morning and putting them under the dinette seat.
Sorry for the lack of pictures - I don't have the camera with me at the moment. Anyway - more later!
John
No comments:
Post a Comment